Zeljko Komnenovic, a professor of Serbo-Croatian language and Yugoslav literature, was born in 1971 in Kotor. He graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy in Nikšić, where he also attended postgraduate studies. The function of the president of the municipality of Tivat was preceded by a professional engagement in the position of director of Radio Television Herceg Novi.
Zeljko Komnenovic was a recognizable journalist of Radio Tivat for more than 20 years. He was also a correspondent for eminent media from Montenegro and the region: “Dan”, Belgrade’s “Politika”, “Vijesti”, “Blic Crna Gora”, Radio “Svetigora”, “Primorske novine”…
He has won several awards at Montenegrin radio festivals. He was a member of the main board of the Trade Union of Information, Graphic and Publishing Activities and the Trade Union of Media of Montenegro. From 2010 to 2012, he collaborated with the international network of investigative journalists SCOOP. He also participated in the Congress of World Investigative Journalists in Kiev in 2012. He is the organizer and reviewer of several books and publications, and he has published his texts in numerous domestic magazines, books and online publications.
From 2012 to 2020, he was the President of the Management Board of the NGO “Matica Boke” and the editor of all editions of “Matica” in that period. From October 2019, he was the executive producer of the documentary TV series “Na veslu priča – Boka”. Since 2019, he has been the executive director of Radio Television Herceg Novi.
Željko Komnenović is married and the father of two children.
- represents the Municipality
- proposes regulations and other acts adopted by the Assembly, as well as the manner of resolving certain issues within the competence of the Assembly
- responsible for the enforcement of laws, other regulations and general acts
- responsible for the execution of delegated and entrusted tasks, determines the organization and manner of work of the local administration
- determines the organization and manner of work of the local administration, upon the proposal of the chief administrator, appoints and dismisses the vice-president and the chief administrator of the municipality
- gives consent to acts on internal organization and systematization of local government bodies, professional and other services,
- appoints and dismisses the directors of the agencies, appoints and dismisses the managers,
gives consent to the appointment and dismissal of the heads of local government bodies,
- submits, to the citizens and the Assembly, a report on their work and the fulfillment of local government functions, at least once a year
- as its founder, directs and coordinates the work of local government bodies, public services and agencies in order to more efficiently deliver their functions and to provide better quality public services, as adopted by appropriate acts
- supervises the work of the local government
- adopts acts within its competence and acts in the execution of delegated and entrusted tasks, unless otherwise provided by a special regulation
- is responsible for the execution of decisions and other acts adopted by the Assembly and adopts acts for their execution
- enacts acts enabling the execution of the municipal budget
- convenes the constitutive session of the Assembly
- disposes with the funds of the current budgetary reserve in accordance with the decision of the Municipal Assembly
- makes a decision on investments, in accordance with the established investment policy
- gives an opinion on the proposal of decisions and other acts submitted to the Assembly by other proposers
- resolves conflict of competencies between local government bodies, public services and legal entities entrusted with the decision of the Assembly to perform certain tasks.
- decides on the exclusion of the chief administrator
supervises the legality and integrity of the work of the protection service
- establishes professional working bodies for jobs within its scope of work and adopts the Rules of Procedure on its work,
- temporarily issues acts within the competence of the Assembly, in accordance with the law, the arrangement of business premises to be used by municipal authorities,
- determines the manner of using means of transport and decides on the acquisition and disposal of means of transport for the needs of the work of the municipality,
- performs other duties in accordance with the law and this Statute.